The WinRock Rock Classification Wizard is a rock classification program for use with mineralogical data. The WinRock Rock Classification Wizard uses the International Union of Geological Sciences recommendations for igneous rock classification and uses modal mineralogy or XYZ data. WinRock Wizard also classifies sedimentary and metamorphic rocks and meteorites. Simply follow the prompts to classify your rock. A series of questions is given during the classification process. Select one of the multiple choice answers that bests fits the description of your sample. The final answer may be a specific rock type or a general rock group with the option of classifying the rock further using tables provided.
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- Classifies igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks and meteorites
- Classification tables and diagrams
- Follow the questions to classify a rock
- May ask for mineral data to plot or general compositional information
Free to use, no registration required